It’s been a while since I have updated the blog with new screenshots. I am happy to report that the aesthetic I am aiming for is about 90% done. It needs some polish in a few places but the most important parts have been covered.
I am unsure about the clouds in the city setting. In comparison to the earlier forest swamp levels the clouds seem too realistic in their depiction.
Nevertheless, I am very happy with the results. All this is based on the approach of designing the backgrounds based on the modules. If you look closely you will see that I have removed the spotted blacks from the line drawings. The style is now a bit more ligne claire and closer to the line weight of the characters and obstacles.